Season 1: Episode #3: PAX East 2014 Wrap Up Show
PAX East Preview episode. Lots to talk about. We preview the PAX East Show. We'll cover the Indie Computer Games, Music Acts, Exhibitors (both who's coming and who's NOT), and schedule of events. We'll also go over some helpful hints when attending PAX.
We had so much information to discuss that we had to break this up into two podcasts. The first of which you can listen to now!
Schedule of Events Highlights
- 10:30am "Heroes of the Storm"
- 10:30am Opening Session with Alex Regopulos (Harmonix)
- 12:00pm Future of PC Gaming
- 1:00pm D&D Preview - Tyranny of Dragons with Chris Perkins
- 1:30pm From Playtest to 3-D Printer Cut
- 2:30pm Wildstar
- 5:00pm NVidia: The Way It's Meant to Be Played
- 6:00pm Talk Like a Board Game Geek
- 10:30am Why You Should Hate SimCity and Other Games that Ruined Your Life
- 11:30am 7 Wonders Tourney (Rob is going to enter!)
- 11:30am Firaxes Game Mega Panel -> Game Announcement
- 2:00pm Next Gen MMO Games
- 4:30pm The Future of Online Games
- 10:30am Inside Gearbox Software
- 11:00am Kickstarter for Normal People: Crowd Sourcing for the Non-Famous
Board Game Area
Even though it's not highlighted on the PAX East site, the board game area is not to be missed. It includes tons of vendors showing off their games. Also there is a large area for open gaming.
- Enter every raffle you see!
- Wireless network available
- Don't forget your chargers (phone, tablet, game device, ...)
- Bring a backpack! And fill it with plenty of snacks! For some of the more popular exhibits, you could be in line for a while.
- Bring portable entertainment!
- Have your camera ready or easily available. You never know who (or what) you might see!
- Don't go "panel crazy". Save plenty of time for the show floor.
- Grab a good size "swag bag" to shove all your free loot into.
- Bring plenty of cash. Some vendors only accept cash!
- See something you like? Buy it then. Don't wait because it WILL SELL OUT!
- Dress up in costume if you want. You certainly won't be alone.